SyGo Pole Top Extension.
Why use the SyGo, Inc. Pole Top Extension? Cost savings and convenience. The number of pole replacement jobs is reduced and plc disposal cost is lessened. Labor savings are realized by adding pole top extensions instead of replacing poles and transferring all of the existing attachments. This is something that can be extensive while waiting for all of the pole using parties to complete their transfers.
Pacific Gas & Electric, San Diego Gas & Electric, Southern California Edison, Sacramento Municipal Utilities District, Montana Power, Union Electric, Allegheny Energy, Wisconsin Power and Light, PacifiCorp, Florida Power Company, various municipals and others now use SyGo products.
This product is for use when existing poles are in a sound condition but just not tall enough. Insufficient clearance caused by the need for electrical equipment, CATV attachments, additional telecommunication company attachments, and pole top damage can be remedied with the use of the SyGo Pole Top Extension period.
The extension bayonets come in 5, 6, or 7 foot lengths (custom lengths are available and specifications and costs will be furnished upon request) and are constructed of Douglas fir. The bracket is heavy guage alloy steel which is hot dip galvanized. An Adapter is available for pole tops less than 8 inches in diameter. The Pole Top Extensions are shipped with the bayonets mounted on the brackets. Any equipment, such as transformers, capacitors banks, switches, regulators, antennas, remote meter reading controllers, etc. can be attached on the ground. The SyGo, Inc. Pole Top Extensions are the only ones rated to mount equipment above the bracket. The unit can then be raised into position and bolted to the pole.
Pole Top Extension
- Heavy galvanized steel bracket with treated Douglas-fir extension fits poles from 8" to 11" in diameter (class 3 to H3)
- Douglas-fir extension made of glulam and treated with Penta.
- Five, six and seven foot pole top extensions available.
- Can accept a guy wire.
- When road building or widening, with associated grading, dictates that poles be realigned and the resulting spans and crossing lack clearances.
- When the telecommunication company needs more attachment space, or support for wireless antennas on existing wooden poles.
- When CATV make-ready engineering would have to have a sound pole replaced due to a lack of height.
- Sygo Inc. Pole Top Extensions can be used to extend the height of existing sound poles, or replace damaged or deteriorated top sections. They are stronger than any other pole top extension on the market and the only ones rated to carry equipment mounted on the bayonet above the mounting bracket. This strength and versatility allows the engineer to avoid rearrangements and pole replacements.
- Eliminates pole change out for increased pole
- Eliminates the need to change out a pole to raise a line for an under build.
- Allows for assembly of all crossarms, transformers, guying hardware, etc. on the ground. Unit can then be raised into position and bolted to the pole.
- Can be used where unbalanced strain is present.
- Can be used where a transformer or other equipment is present.
- Can be installed on Grade A Construction.
- Can be used where alley arms are present.
- In general, when the pole in question is not of an adequate height for the present need.
- When electrical equipment, such as transformers, capacitors, regulators, etc. is engineered to be added to a pole with inadequate existing clearances.
- When upgrading voltage makes the existing clearances inadequate.
- When another level of conductors has to be placed on a lead with inadequate clearance unless extensive rearrangements are made or the pole replaced.
- When the pole top has deteriorated because of pole top rot cracks or splits, and insect or woodpecker damage in an otherwise sound pole.
- When a pole top fire has been extinguished with localized damage that can be removed.